The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 685 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/28/14
Wow! This was an excellent piece of writing along with a gripping and moving story. The inner anguish and torment of the MC was palpable. Rape is a horrific and deplorable reprehensible act, and your MC reflected the aftermath and the repercussions of a "child by force" in what many women face.

The hands of God and His grace...along with faith at the end gave a glimpse of hope, light and love.

Truly excellent, sobering and jarring!

God bless~
Very well written! You did a great job expressing the emotions of your MC.
08/30/14
A very intense story about one of life's deepest horrors.

Well written and very touching.

Good job.
Stories like this may bring back unforgiven memories of others but your conclusion may also help some to forgive others, forgive themselves and have a hope of something different in the future.

Keep writing. Short stories may be your thing.
09/04/14
Shanta,

Fabulous entry, excellent work.

Congratulations on this fine and prolific piece of writing.

God Bless~
09/04/14
Well deserved placement...congrats.
09/04/14
Excellent descriptive writing that truly nailed the topic! The first sentence "hooked" me in, and your conclusion brought this beautiful story to a fitting and heart touching conclusion.

Congratulations. Well done!
05/14/21
What an absolutely moving story and so well written. You certainly deserved the first place award. Did you mean to writing in the first person in the last paragraph revealing that Melody was really you or just an oversight on your part? I'd be interested in knowing as that is the only distraction I had in the entire writing. The only negative that I could see is in the first paragraph I believe "mid night" should have read "midnight." This had to have been a difficult entry for you and I commend you on stepping out and writing about the consequences of such a horrific event. Excellent writing!