The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 436 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/14
I’d love to have your input into the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons.
01/10/14
I enjoyed your message and your words. This was well done, and well thought out.
With such a passage in the Bible, to make your story that much more complete. "Cause me to hear thy loving kindness in the morning; for in thee I trust; cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift my soul unto thee.’ Well done!

God bless~
It's great that Shanta and Cynthia have each other to call and talk, as well as to encourage Lydia. Great example of friendship and the impact it can have, especially when you genuinely care. Thanks for sharing this lovely pice.
01/11/14
You've given us a lovely picture of these two and their conversation, with enough little details so that we can almost feel as if we're in the same room with them.

Some of your dialogue felt a bit stilted--not as relaxed and as casual as the words of real people would be. Try reading your entry out loud, even "acting it out"--and give your speakers less "perfect" speech.

Love your beautiful title, and I enjoyed this sweet read.