The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1314 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/13
This is entertaining! Thanks. Yey! The t-bones didn't burn. God rewarded your pure heart with an enjoyable meal. :-) Good writing.
This is a charming story. You managed to make cooking dinner suspenseful and entertaining. Only someone with a natural talent could do that as well as you did.

The biggest suggestion I could give would be to do more showing and less telling. One way to do that is to get rid of the passive verbs like was and is etc. Another way would be to use narrative lines instead of taglines like he said. For example: I glanced to the left and felt my heart pound as flames from the grill shot up to the sky. "Honey, the grill's on fire!"
Hopefully that shows how to get rid of the pesky passive and the tagline.

Overall you did a great job. It was on topic, fun,and had a great message. Nicely done.
05/14/13
I enjoyed the way you set the scene and the tone of the entry. I like humor, too. Well done.
Congratulations I am so happy for you! One of the coolest things about FW is watching authors blossom. Listening to the message God puts on your heart, noting feedback and persevering allow good writers turn into fantastic writers. Congratulations on your EC! I'll look for your ding-dong story in level three!
05/16/13
I enjoyed your story. Congratulations on placing first.
05/16/13
Congratulations on your win. The LORD bless you with many more success in your writing jouney. Thank you so much or blessing me with your kind and gracious comment on my sizzle entry.
Peace and love to you and your family. :-)
05/17/13
Congratulations Francie!! You did a great job, now you get to move up to level 3! Again great job!
Congrats on your first place win. Your story kept me entertained. You did a good job building suspense. Well done.
lOVE this! You always have such tasty entrees/entries! Congratulations!
05/21/13
Delightful story. I really enjoyed the way you described your MC's desire to minister to her husband with a scrumptious meal. Congratulations on your win.
05/21/13
Delightful story. I really enjoyed the way you described your MC's desire to minister to her husband with a scrumptious meal. Congratulations on your win.