The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1498 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/01/05
This is a beautiful look at the relationship between the Father and the Son. I think it gets lost behind all the quotation marks, which aren't really necessary in poetry. Each stanza is obviously a different speaker, or if you wanted to differentiate them further, you could use italics and plain text--less distracting to the reader. Your words choice is marvelous; who knew there were so many synonyms for fragrance? Thanks!
11/02/05
I liked this poem! It is comforting to know that even when we feel our praise of the Master is inadequate, it leaves a sweet aroma in His presence! Thanks:)
11/04/05
Compiling of quote marks is unnecessary, indeed in poetry quote marks are rare. I liked the way this free verse set up, it has a lot of potential. Thanks for posting.
11/04/05
I agree about the quotation marks being unnecessary. Keep writing. God bless you,
littlelight
11/07/05
Hi Clarissa. I just wanted to pop in very quickly to let you know that you did very well in the Fragrance Challenge, making it in to the top 30. You ranked 7th in the Level 2 list, and 26th overall (out of 145 entries). So give yourself a pat on the back, and be encouraged.

With Jan's comment about using italics to differentiate the speakers, I tend to agree, because of the style of your piece. It is possible to do this, but you need to know a little bit of html coding to add before and after the words you want to see in italics. If you'd like to know how to do it, just send me a private message and I'll let you know.

Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)