The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2158 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A touching story of the love of a father and daughter who are separated. I liked the ending - the child bringing the father to contemplate the love of Jesus. Well written, a good read.
Oh... I liked this, and it brought tears to my eyes... divorce is so tough... this was a really wonderful story, and so true how children can be so much wiser than us at times! Blessings, Amy
10/12/05
Very well-written and tender.
10/12/05
I had worked out what she doing long before he did, but i didn't make the connection with Jesus. A lovely story, asimple but effective analogy.
10/14/05
Divorce is a hard thing for a child to go through. It's nice to know that in addition to our earthly father, we have a heavenly father who loves us always, too! A very good article.
This was beautiful. I loved Julia's wisdom: why bother with the second part of the game when you already know the answer? Well done.
10/15/05
Out of the mouths of babes! Definietely tackled the topic in a very creative way. Puts the game in a whole new light.
10/15/05
Lovely.

Just one piece of constructive critique - change 'chocked back' to 'choked back'.

You've painted a beautiful picture of hope in what is so often a very unhappy picture - beautiful.
I'm going to read this to my son when he comes home from his father's house. He already loves picking flowers, and he loves Jesus, but I think this might help him realize that he is loved by Jesus and his dad, despite our divorce. Thank you for writing just the right story.
10/18/05
Shelley, this was a sweetheart of a story and ranked 8th in the Level 2 list, so well done. You also ranked 38th overall - out of a total of 145 entries. So well done. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)