The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1073 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/17/11
Thank you for reminding me of the countless families whose lives are on hold due to service in America's military. Our family has three generations of service during war. My father,WWII, my brother, Vietnam, and my son Dessert Shield and Dessert Storm.

This piece is well written.
Thank you for a heart felt tender loving story about our young men and women serving our country while their families wait patiently at home for their return.
I could just picture the kids jumping on the trampoline and you closing your eyes to hear their voices...I could see you smile! Great story and great reminder to pray for those who are sacrificing so much for our freedom.
02/25/11
Very sweet story and tribute. We are so proud of the men and women of the military, in our family and beyond and working hard to protect us. Thank you for the good food for thought you shared in this.
05/05/11
Leola, I'm going to feature this entry in the Front Page showcase for the week of May 9th. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!
05/05/11
Oh, Jan, thank you so very much! I am so pleased. I will let my family know. Rachel has been home for almost a month now. The video of her arriving at the airport and Jada and Caleb seeing mommy after so long made us all cry. Thanks again! What a blessing!