The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 910 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A sweet reminder of the preciousness of life. A touching story.
01/13/11
It's hard to comment through the tears...

Have you ever read "Angel Unaware" by Dale Evans Rogers? Their little girl with Down's lived a couple of years.
01/13/11
tears in my eyes :-) magical heartfelt writing, I too have had a baby in intensive baby care. my little philippa who was born weighing only 1.6kg.
she spent a month in that unit and they were some of the worst days of my life.
fortunately she is a happy healthy young lady now who will be 17 in a few weeks time.
thank you for sharing what i feel must have been factual not fiction.
01/13/11
Your writing of this very special event also moved me to tears. Angel's ministry will continue through each life she touched. God bless.
How beautiful! I'm only 19 but I know about intensive care and babies. I was born very small and it was stressful for Mum and Dad.
I love how you have captured the feel of hospitals, I have spent a lot of time in and around them not just for myself but others.
01/14/11
Thanks for sharing this very touching story.
I know the feeling of fear and hope that comes with each day of waiting - it brings tears to my eyes now. You are a writer and won't be in intermediate for long.
01/14/11
What a beautiful, emotion filled piece of writing. Tears fill my eyes as I am brought back to how God uses everything in this world for our good. Thank you
01/16/11
So beautifully described. I was one of the fortunate ones who got to take home my NICU baby, but I have a very soft spot for mommies who don't. Sad, beautiful and hopeful writing. Thank you for sharing!
It is hard for me to comment on this heart wrenching story. It brings back memories of when I worked in the delivery ward and saw precious babies who was passing through and was here for ony a moment, but the impact on my life was life changing. Thank you for sharing such a heart felt tender story. You poured out your heart and did an outstanding job. Thank you and God bless.
The tears are flowing here, too, Leola. I remember this event in your lives and what a witness your faith was through it all. I am blessed by your writing and bless to be your friend.