The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1135 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Sometimes we take for granted what we have with family near to us where we can have the face-to-face conversations frequently. Thank you for sharing this with us.
10/23/10
There are lots of diamonds in this. I began reading it as a story and had to back track. Perhaps with a different lay out it would would really catch the light it deserves.
Ah! The life of a trucker. My nephew all 6'5" of him dead headed from Illinois to Maryland just to see me for a face to face. Your story was sweet and tender. Thank you.
My father and brother were truck drivers so I can empathize with a lot of your pain. Even though it's a hard life it can work out good for some families as long as they make the time together extra special. Nice message that even though you worry you still love him and want to hold on to that love.
10/24/10
Beautiful. Sort of reminds me of one of my favourite songs. 'I hear crying 'by Ken Tamplin.
Run a google search on the lyrics.
I guess I can relate as well because I work in the transport industry and am often away from home myself. Although it's only local so it's not so bad.
10/24/10
My daughter was a long distance trucker's wife, so I have some idea of what you are saying in your article. Thanks for sharing your heart with us and keep writing.
10/24/10
This should be polished up and sent to a trucker magazine!
10/24/10
I think many truckers and their families can relate to this entry. The emotions are well described.
Kind of reminded me of an old John Denver tune -- Country roads, take me home to the place I belong. Good job.
I thought immediately of Freddie Fender singing his hit song, Six Days On The Road. And of my wife's friend who got her truck driving license so she could team drive with her husband. I'll bet long haul truckers have some tales worth writing.