The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1256 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh what we can learn from the Purple Martins in this story! God takes care of all his creatures so why do we fret? Great writing-wished they lived here so my dad could build one of their 'bird hotels!'
This is beautifully observed, and the characterisations are very well done. A lovely story, and the writing really holds the reader. God bless!
09/21/05
Love the creativity of this piece! A great way to teach a lesson that is fun for the reader! I will PM you with some suggestions but it is way too much fun and also has a solid message.
09/21/05
This is absolutely adorable.
09/21/05
I love this story! I can imagine them soaring through the air.
09/22/05
Excellent and I love animal stories.
09/22/05
This is so great! Brilliant idea for this topic - and you wrote it very well.
09/22/05
Very cute! This could be a children's book. I can see the illustrations you have drawn with your words.
09/23/05
De-flight-ful :)
Very well done. Would make a delightful children's books - similar to some of Janette Oke's. Keep writing.
09/25/05
Excellent work! Love the 'egg-spectant wife' line.
09/26/05
Donnah, congratulations on your 1st place win in the Level 2 Champion Challenge Awards. I could be wrong, but I think this may be your first win - and all I can say is that it was very well deserved.

BUT ... you don't know the whole story. Yes, you came 1st in the Level 2 awards, but I want you to know that you actually came 9th overall - which means you were just a breath away from being in the Editors' Choice awards. You were next in line - and there was something like 0.004 between you and the 8th place winner. So be very encouraged.

I can tell you straight away that your entry was charming, delightful and totally refreshing to read. Keep up the great work. If you place in the Level 2 awards again, or in the Editors' Choice, it will be time for you to move up to Level 3. But you can stay where you are for the time being if you would like. It's up to you. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Congratulations! I had to leave a comment here because this is such a wonderful story children adult bible or other, I have gained from reading it today. I will remember it when worry tries to creep in and I will share it with my children.
09/28/05
Donnah, I'm not sure if you have the Private Messenger or not, so could you please send me a message urgently - I have some rather wonderful news for you! Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
10/04/05
hahahahaha! I love this. It's cute.