The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 681 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/26/10
Ouch! This one hit a little close to home. How many times have I shooed off one my own children when they have attempted to interrupt me during my computer time?! This was sad. But you wrote it well.
02/26/10
Parents do get so busy. I'm sure I was guilty of the same thing with my children. Yes, it's great to teach that Jesus is a friend who's always listening.
02/27/10
I thought this entry hit the "Topic" to a "T". A perfect Bullseye! It reminded me of being a child at the beginning of WWII, and how, for days on end, my parents would gather around the radio listening to WWII news; and I kept asking "What's Pearl Harbor, Daddy?"...."What's Pearl Harbor, Momma?"...and all I got was "Shhh...Child, we're listening to the news!" Nicely done; Brilliant, in my estimation! Kudos!
I liked this. I thought it had the perfect tone and the message rocked. Keep up the good work.Your no cellar dweller.

May God bless your faith.
Great entry with a perfect tie-in to the prompt. It does make me stop and think about my own children - both at home and my 3rd graders at school.
03/02/10
You did a good job with this one.
Wow what a powerful message and a very well deserved win. I held onto every word. Again WOW!
03/04/10
Creative and convicting! Thanks for sharing a great message and well deserved win!
03/04/10
A BIG Thank You to all of you for your support and kind words of compliment! I am glad to know my words have found a home here at Faithwriters.
Congratulations to all of my fellow writers, far and wide, who continue to push their comfort zones by trying new topics and stretching themselves as writers! Sincerely, LR
03/05/10
VERY TOUCHING and realistic. Excellent!
03/05/10
Ouch! A parent's worst nightmare, in many ways.

nicely written

steve