The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1040 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/23/08
What a good story. God's Blessings always taste best. Your cousin could've been a student who had to cook for a large family as a school projet and it still would've been wonderful because His seasoning was upon the meal. Very well structured.
10/23/08
Wow, I want to find that mean old man and give him a swift kick in the shins!!

one small bump in the line about cooking in your pantry. I think changing the order of just one word there will fix it. :)

i like the line about your ducklings following you. And how cousin theodore shouts. i can see this big blustery guy all red cheecked and excited. Good story. And good reminder of how our God is ever faithful!

the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his tender mercies are new everyday! Great is His faithfulness!!

Good job helping the reader feel the MC's emotions. Lots of good detail. Nice story. :)
A very well-written entry. That old man made me mad, but sadly there are many self-righteous people out there like that. You made a good point that our Heavenly Father does provide no matter what. If you keep writing like this, then soon you will be out of intermediate and into advanced. :)