The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1333 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/22/08
Wow...I am stunned at the superb imagery in this. The sinking stones, the descriptions of her unveiled anger beneath the surface, they were spot on. Amazing writing here...I loved it.
Pain to healing, beautifully told.
08/22/08
Beautiful imagery, depth of feeling, and application of the topic. You're an outstanding writer.

There are some places where you use semicolons where a comma or an em dash would be more appropriate. Semicolons should separate independent clauses; if a period could not be used in the same place, a semicolon is the wrong punctuation.

I loved nearly everything in this heartfelt entry. Very, very good.
Touching entry. Very well-written. The emotional changes of the speaker come through smoothly. :)
08/24/08
Since I am no grammarian I will leave that to others. I do know powerful imagery and this is it. Good job. There are many friends and couples who need to read this.
08/26/08
I loved the imagery and depth to this. Great job!
08/26/08
I too love the imagery in this. Good work!
Impressive! This is a stunning, touching piece. Congratulations on your EC!
Beautifully written. Congratulations on your 1st place and EC win.
08/28/08
very, very good!
Congrats!
08/28/08
Congratulations on your EC. This is a beautiful piece. Nice job with the topic.
08/29/08
The imagery of the sinking rocks reminds me of how our sins are "on the bottom of the ocean floor" in the words of a popular song. Beautiful and imaginative all the way through. Congratulations on your very well deserved 1st place and EC win!
Breathtaking, beautiful, moving piece! It's one thing to write with poetic imagery, but quite another to do it in a way that draws me, the reader, so far in that all I'm aware of is my heartbeat!
Congratulations on your well-deserved honors this week.
Wow! I could see them standing on the lake's shore. I felt their pain. Congratulations on winning first place. Well deserved. Excellent work!
12/17/08
So amazing. So sharp and rich and deep. This is what writing is supposed to be - what I wish my writing was. Terrific, in every way.