The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1027 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You just gotta love how rebellious we can get sometimes. We think we know it all and just tell God, "I got this one, thanks."

We have all been there, I know I have. This is a nice look into the soul of our own selves. Well done.
Conversations with God are always fascinating! What a great way to tell this story.
08/22/08
This is a wonderful piece! God bless you! Luv-n-Jesus, Anita Johnson
08/22/08
Good entry--I don't think I've read any others with this approach.
Nice story. It's so difficult when we force ourselves to learn the hard way that God has the best for us. :)
This argument with God sounds so much like a child arguing with his earth-father. I love the honesty of the conversation.
08/27/08
The voice here is right on, along with the attitude. Great job on this!
You made a clear presentation of the way God plans for us and keeps after us to obey and follow him, even when we've been rebellious. I like your creative approach.
The slow revelation of the two parties in the conversation was great. I was trying to decide if it was between the MC and himself or his mother or God from the very beginning. Yes, things will be different, but God will always be there!
08/28/08
You really drew me in with this. I couldn't help but think of my daughter... as I wonder what turn her life is taking right now, in seemingly seeking her own way... You had me wondering until the end of the conversation who he was talking with... well done.