The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1167 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your words echo my heart, whih is hugging yours...

I specialize in "spurtive writing/writhing" - fitfully sporadic - a result of my lack of focus/concentration.

Your words are stirring me to be more aware of the leading of the Holy Spirit's breath infusing my struggles wth not only my life, but my hesitation to write more often.

Thank you for your inspiring words, and may He continually bless your efforts...

In His Grip (albeit losing mine!)

Judi
07/31/08
With the title and subject matter I thought this would be about focal points and labor. (And yelling at your husband) What a pleasant surprise! Keep writing. This was a great encouragement.
07/31/08
I was just clobbered over the head with this...I came to do some reading, to drown my sorrows, because three days' work was eaten, work in the direction I feel God directing me. I'll get back to work now. Thanks.
ps--that las line is great.
A heartfelt devotional. May God continue to direct your writing. :)
Could we be twins separated at birth? So many of your words could have come from my own experience that I think YOU may now be the one confirming the direction I have felt led to follow. I, too, have scheduled regular writing for the first time. Thank you for your love of words. I hope to read more of them.
I think there will be a lot at FW who can relate to this. You've hit the nail on the head about concentrating on honing the gift God has given us. This would be a great article for a Christian writers' magazine. One of the things that stood out for me was... “My girl, I’ve given you the gift of the ability to write for a PURPOSE. Why don’t you put your attention on that? Why not go in that direction?” Excellent job on topic, thank you for reminding us of where we should be heading.
08/02/08
Praise God for His direction for you and for your obedience! This has been very encouraging. Please continue to listen to those whispers and be obedient, for God is now using your writings to inspire others!
08/05/08
The whole fitful writing thing is so true...welcome to FaithWriters, though, and may this site be a source of constant encouragement for you! One little note about your entry: double spacing between paragraphs helps the reader separate the thoughts as he reads. Otherwise it can look a little smooshed and overwhelm the reader :) Thanks for sharing!!!