The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 818 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/08
I wept over this one. You showed the feelings rather than telling about them. That is great craftsmanship.
I was stunned by the ending - Did not see that coming! This article is well-crafted and expertly told. Loved the part about the 4 Gospel-named kids - Very funny. I am impressed!
06/14/08
Wow! What an ending. Excellent build-up. Super work!
06/14/08
Did not see the ending coming. This needs a tissue warning, except that it would give it away. Your descriptions let me react to each character in turn and made me more sympathetic to them. I got attached to the family and wanted to see where this was going. So when I read the end I was shocked. Well done.
06/16/08
Oh! You got me with that ending! Great job!
Great writing - and a super sad/twisty ending. Well done.
Oh my! What an ending, I should've caught the hint that it wasn't quite as it seemed. So sad, almost, but you make it different. Nice job! ^_^
Oh, my! This is indeed a tissue alert. Such a tenderly written piece with such an ending! Kudos!!!
06/18/08
Oh. My. You had me crying on this one... I didn't expect that ending. Very well done.
Moving and beautiful.
Quite an unexpected ending.
Blessings, Norms
Definitely in need in a tissue. This was right to the point in great "showing" language.
You really socked it to us with that ending...well done and keep up the good words!
06/19/08
You sure packed a wollop into a very few words. Bravo!