The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1873 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wonderfully told story of your family and how God melded you and Dad together. It blessed me heart and you told it with humor and grace! Develop the talent the Master has given you.
06/14/05
I love you style. Keep writing!
I like the way you built an entire story around a simple word -- Cool!
06/15/05
I really enjoyed this :)
06/15/05
Beautifully written - from the title to the last word. Your talent is evident. I look forward to reading more of your work. Excellent job!
Blessings, Lynda
I have just one thing to say about this - 'cool' :)
Great story! I love when an author connects the opening and closing. I like your flow.
I agree. There is no higher calling than parenthood, and fathers have a lofty standard to adhere to. You've expressed that very well here. Congratulations and God bless you!
06/20/05
A delightful and yet provocative slice of life story. How easy it would be to go for the melodrama when the drama is there and it is 'cool'. Love phrases like: 'would not leave him in a narrow “cool” spot indefinitely without fluffing him out a bit.'
07/05/05
Beth, this is "Cool".
It must be so nice to have a spouse who is laid back and easy going and takes things as they come. What a blessing. Thanks for sharing.
08/05/05
Had to come and see what prize-winning piece you wrote that note by the picture window overlooking the lake! And I wasn't disappointed. Cool indeed.

Loved some of your analogies, especially the towels in the dryer, towels needing fluffing out etc.

May God richly use you, the writer, as you exercise your gifts!
08/05/05
Sorry - 'night', not 'note'. Oops.