The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2094 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/06/05
Great perspective on the overcoming power of the work of the cross. Both O.T. [Psa 68:18 and N.T. Eph. 4:8] declare "Thou hath ascended on high and thou hast led captivity captive." There will some readers that will leave with only questions about doctrinal accuracy and miss the beauty of what you have shared. Powerful!
You told Shemuel's story very well. It was vivid and had movement throughout. It has a strong emotional element that you managed to portray in a real sense. Upon redemption, I shared his joy and ecstasy. I read with interest from beginning to end.
06/07/05
A very unique story and made for an interesting read.
06/08/05
I like the way you told this story. I hope you use this as the beginning of something greater.
06/09/05
Very interesting and most unusual. I like the way Shemuel paid for his sins but was able to see the light of God and was saved
I enjoyed this story too. I liked the opening, it lead me to keep reading.
Excellent! You grabbed me from the start and kept me with you through the regret, pain, agony, and finally to the hope of the light and the JOY of redemption! Excellent!
Jan, I'm in awe of your ability to capture the rhythm and substance of 'Shemuel's speech pattern-and-to keep it consistent throughout! Thank you for all the encouragement you give to FWs and to me by your comments and your excellent work!
This is a different approach to a Bible truth. You have a vivid imagination.