The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1173 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/23/08
Very good!
02/23/08
Wow! The only thing I can say is that by the father refusing to take The Road Home to Heaven and Eternal Life - CERTAINLY IS "Cutting off your nose to spite your face!" Very creative, very moving, very well written, and touched me to the point of tears! I Loved it! ...but felt so empty at the fathers choice at the end. Super read!
02/23/08
This is incredible. I absolutely gasped when I figured out who they were talking about.

I caught a few punctuation errors and such - nothing difficult to fix.

Just wonderful wonderful WONDERFUL. Masterful.
02/23/08
Wow! Wonderful work. What a road to choose. If only the father could know the truth! Wow! Great writing!
Laury
02/23/08
Your "manner" with this is amazing. What a beautiful story. People still react the same today. Very good work.
02/25/08
This is good, I might be so bold as to say EXCELLENT. Many will get it and many will not, the father allowed the offense of familiarity to cloud his judgment. I want to thank you for the posting, it has 'won' in my book.
02/26/08
So creative! I loved the last line. Great work!
02/26/08
WOW! Excellent writing--I could see this being done as a skit in church....awesome.