The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1963 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very touching! Strong parents make us strong. Keep up the good words!
01/11/08
I loved how her parents' influence lived on, leading to her own vows to Hannah. Nice story.
01/12/08
I like the rural flavor of this, and the tear stains on the altar. Lovely.
01/12/08
This piece was tender and passionate at the same time. It made me cry. Beautiful.
01/12/08
Excellent! You captured the theme perfectly and told a very convincing story. I see a winner in this one. God Bless!
This was very tender. What a precious gaurdian little Hannah Lee has. I bet she'll grow up and turn out just fine. ^_^ I liked the letter format and the touch of how sure she was that her 'grandpa' would pray for Hannah Lee. Great job.
01/16/08
What a piece of legecy for this young girl to grow up with. Curious as to why the real mother couldn't take care of Hannah Lee, but overall a very touching story.
01/16/08
Very sweet and warm. Nice job with atmosphere in particular.
01/16/08
Oh what a glorious message. This one really touched my soul. Great writing and dialog.
The letter format of the story is effective and unique, very touching and excellent message.
The love and faith in this family is evident and Hannah Lee is a very lucky child to part of the legacy.
01/17/08
This letter is beautifully written. I was singing the hymn you quoted in my mind. You're ending is a testament to prayer and answers that may come years later. My great-grandfather worked in the coal mines and also died from black lung. So many aspects of this were so interesting. Thanks!