The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1168 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/07
Great story--I could almost hear the rasping in her ear.

Consider ending it with "she knows what she has to do" and credit your reading (and your excellent writing) with providing the ending. Much more effective that way.

I'd read more stories along this line. Nice job.
08/25/07
I liked your switching between his POV and hers, how each affected the other.

I'd love to see this without the word limit. It could be so powerful flushed with detail, background, and what she decides.
08/25/07
You have a way with words and you drew me totally into your story. It's very tempting to think we don't need to read the familiar words of scripture over and over, but God has a way of bringing things to our attention in the word, just when we need to read them! This is a good story.
08/25/07
Wonderful reminder that our war isn't against flesh and blood. You painted a very clear picture with your words.
Very dramatic-I felt I was right there, feeling her torment. Brings back times when we all had to fight to do the right thing, live the right way-In His light!
08/26/07
Amazing! Your writing is so descriptive that even someone who didn't know the Bible would have to feel Anna's visceral battle between good and evil. You are a great writer. Congratulations!
A good story on how the devil confuses God's people. It was a little unclear to me about the relationship. How deep it was and, if it was close to adulterous or just not right in God's eyes. But that is easy to fix with a little more explanation or conversation. Good job.
08/28/07
This is awsome. Such a unique idea that explains Satan trying to confuse us into sin. Very well written, I really enjoyed reading your article.
08/28/07
Wow! This is absolutely excellent. SO glad you hinted, or I might have missed this gem. Your language especially is so wonderfully descriptive.
08/28/07
Well done. Sometimes we forget where those thoughts of distractions come from. Good job.
08/31/07
Congratulations, RuthAnn. Your entry has placed 7th in Level 2. The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall is available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards.