The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1406 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/24/07
This is chilling -- gave me goosebumps. Very well written. Great telling of the story. Loved the ending.
A very lamenting poem. Good job.
05/27/07
This is a wonderful example of how verse can serve to breathe reality into a historical event; a simple commentary would only contain words, but this poem embraces the horror and heartbreak of that terrible day. This poem accomplished what it was born to do.
05/27/07
Tears fill my eyes as I read this. I could feel the anguish and loss. Great job.
This is such a fantastic poem; every time I read it I get chills. The ending literally brings tears. I wish you the best of luck!
You have enfused this tragedy with raw feeling. Well-done.
This fills my heart with sorrow. This retelling anguish brings for all the families who lost a soul that day.
Very well written.
Brilliant! The best I've read.
05/29/07
Almost reads like a folk-ballad. Well done!
05/29/07
I had not heard of this fire. How horrible. You've done a wonderful job of bringing this tragedy to light. It's written beautifully. Good work here!

A piece of history well told with emotion through poetry. Well done!
05/29/07
This is excellent - I truly felt the pain of this as a prose piece would never allow. Your last stanza made me ache. Wonderful.
I can only echo what Kenn and Joanne said - this poem really brought the story to life, and touched my heart with the pain of those who went through this.
05/31/07
Congratulations on placing. This is one of my favorites. Wonderful poem -- nice job.
What a tragedy indeed. This had me feeling as if I was there sharing in the sorrow. I could almost feel the heat and hear the screams and cries of those who lost their lives in that terrible fire. My heart goes out to anyone who has suffered loss through fire or other catastrophes. Keep up the good work! I really like this.:0)God bless.Janice