The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1875 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Comforting words. Well done.
05/26/07
You captured the feelings of someone whose loved one is soon to see the Lord face to face. I've felt those myself and understand both the joy of knowing our loved one is healed in heaven and the sorrow of missing them on earth.
05/27/07
What a wonderful scene painted with words. I loved the descriptions and "saw" the sunset in my mind's eye. Then the entire scene was tinted with a wash of emotion.
Nicely done.
Nicely done! This piece was very visual and heartfelt.
05/27/07
Sweet poem filled with emotion. Like your storm comparisons. Good work.
05/27/07
This work brought up such emotion in me; it reminded me of my father who passed away over a decade ago. Pulling real emotion from readers by using well placed words is what we as writers strive to do; a gift that you certainly have. Loved it!
05/28/07
Beautiful, as if you picked up a brush, and with each stroke, chose a new hue to create a tribute of a daughter's love for her father.
A beautiful poem of love and grief
05/30/07
What images you have captured! What a touching tribute to Papa, done in such a simple way, yet saying so much. There were several layers to this poem, so it speaks to everyone. You're a talented writer. Keep up the good work!
06/26/07
Just lovely. This tugged at my emotions in so many ways.
10/15/07
This is beautiful Seema. I like your use of Papa and then of Heavenly Papa. Your description (while sad) of his "voice being pilfered by tumor's tangled fingers" is excellent. Then your last stanza gave me chills.