The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1313 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
The blood of the Scottish kings flowing in my veins cheered loudly at the end of this.
I'm sure I actually heard the bagpipes playing as I read. How'd you do that?
Very well-written, informative poem.
05/12/07
Bravo.
Very well written, and I have to agree, I heard the bagpipes too as I read.
05/13/07
Aye! Theer's a wee bit o' Highland blude in my veins that was stirred at this! Well done! "....they canna take away our FREEDOOOOOOOOM!"
05/13/07
My great, great, great (about 7 greats) grandfather was in that war...and became a prisoner who was later shipped to the New Country (America)...so I enjoyed reading the poem of those olden days. Nicely done.
Well Done! A great tribute to William Wallace. I don't have Scottish blood in my ancestry.... but, I swear I heard those bagpipes too!
05/14/07
This flowed wonderfully and was so interesting and heartfelt. Enjoyed this very much.
05/14/07
Wonderful poem--it's got it all. Meter, rhyme, stirring imagery--a total package.
05/16/07
Awesome! Scottish blood is in me too, and the story of William Wallace is one I like very much.
Thanks for letting the bagpipes play their freedom chant!
I'm going to send this poem to my older brother too(He's a bagpipe playing Cowboy)! :o)
Mel Gibson would be proud. ;0)
It was entertaining, and told the entire story in a short piece. Well done.
I too have Scottish blood. After finding my birth mother she said we were in line for royality but someone got us dethroned. One day I'll have to do some research. Wonderfully written poem, keep up the great writing.
I like this! It's short, easy to read and really packs a punch. Good job and congrats!
Hey Ben! Greatly enjoyed that. Kind of funny, because we discovered just a few months ago that we're descendants of William Wallace. (someone on Mom's side of the family traced our roots back quite a ways) Anyhow, great work, as always!
~Brianna
Loved your poem...it told a story, was easy to understand & was food for thought! Congratulation on you win.
Doing a bit of browsing today. Your poem is finely crafted. I love the 'aura' it creates.