The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1370 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/19/07
I really enjoyed this! What an original version of the account of Lazarus! It took me awhile to realize who these characters actually were.

Colorful use of dialect (though not sure which one--it seemed a strange mixture of Appalachian mountain and African American). Still it was fun to read, and the characters really came to life!
04/21/07
This was really fun, and it totallu gaught me out. I can't comment on the authenticity of the accent, but I enjoyed it.
04/21/07
Sorry, I really should proof read my comments before I hit 'send'. I meant to say it totally caught me out.
04/23/07
Definitely a clever take on the topic! The dialect was a BIT distracting - maybe tone it down a bit to get the feeling but not overwhelm us with it. I can tell you had lots of fun with the language. Keep writing.
04/23/07
Very creative take on the Biblical account. Good work.
04/23/07
The aha! moment in this story was marvelous!

I too was confused by the dialect--it's definitely part of the charm of this piece, and should be retained, but made more consistent and identifiable.

This was fresh and original, and lots of fun.
04/24/07
Great retelling! Fun and I enjoyed the dialect!
04/24/07
I did love the voice of this. (perhaps becase I'm no American) I caught on fairly early but the fun was in anticipating how you bought it off. Still smiling. yeggy
04/24/07
I sooo enjoyed this one! I was really rolling with some of the dilect and verbal expression between the characters! Quite funny and definitely fun! Blessings, Jo
04/25/07
Amen to that. Great use of dialect! Very very enjoyable to read, and great bible teachin'