The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1134 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/18/05
Whew - I feel like my heart was ripped out at the same time as yours. You wrote this well, and from the heart - but you don't leave us hopeless, you bring in the hope and love of Jesus, thank you for writing this.

Do you mind if I print it out and share it with a woman in our church who is going through something very similiar?
04/18/05
Wow -- what a testimony to "nothing is impossible with God!" You did such a good job of weaving together the baring of your soul, hope and restoration. Thanks for sharing such an intimate part of your life. Pat
This is very beautiful and inspirational for women who face something similiar. Sometimes, Christians don't want to share the hard things like this, and these are the things we need to share just to help others going through it. You did a nice job of it.
04/19/05
Wow. This is great writing. You have some outstandingly descriptive sentences. Some of my favorites:
“Part of me died. At the time, I thought it was the good part of me.”
“We lived for ourselves and we were good at it. God used this horrific, heart smashing series of events to bring us to Him.”
“I would have taught them cheap grace and skinny spirituality.”
“working her way through the mine fields of adolescence”

This is powerful stuff and you are very courageous to write about it. Great job!
04/21/05
Whew! What a story. My favourite line was "My marriage went through coal shattering pressure and emerged a rare diamond." And your title is great too. Thanks for sharing.
Wow! This must've been difficult to live through and then to tear at it again, you wrote about it. This was beautifully woven into a powerful saga. My favorite line was: "I would have taught them cheap grace and skinny spirituality". This was nicely done.
04/23/05
I commend your courage and hope that this will minister to many. It was exceptionally well-written.
04/25/05
Congrats, Kelly! Editors Choice! Woo-Hoo! (PS: Did you get a new email address? Drop me a line, ok?)
04/25/05
Great story! Only a wise woman understands that God uses many means to bring us back. Congrats on winning.
Oh my..... This is one of the MOST PRECIOUS stories of HOPE and RESTORATION I've ever read in my life. It really should be published and spread abroad for others who are in the same situation. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for sharing it! I see the "SON" in your eyes! <>< Dixie ><>
04/26/05
Kelly, congratulations on your 5th place win in the Editors' Choice, as well as the 2nd place in the Level 2 Champion Challenge. Well done. Believe me, the ratings were exceptionally close for the Editors' Choice winners. You all did extremely well. With love, Deb
04/26/05
Oh and Kelly - I should have said before, please feel free to move up to Level 3 now. You are definitely ready for it. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Kelly, this is a stunner. You are one very gifted lady.