The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1607 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/11/07
Love that last paragraph--I didn't expect it (the "hooking" of your hubby) and it tickled me. Cute!
02/11/07
Sweet story. It sounds like you've "caught" a terrific hubby! I wish there was more to read. :) Blessings, Jo
02/11/07
I also liked the comment about baiting the hook that caught your husband. Good job.
02/12/07
This was fun to read. Good job.
This was cute and sweet to read. Love the 'twist' at the end. :)
02/15/07
Ain't Love Grand, Indeed! Utterly charming and delightful to read. Loved it! Was wondering how you could go fishing by yourself, and not do all those "icky" things? I'm with you!! Short, sweet and to the point! My kind of entry! Nicely done!
02/16/07
I see you are new to Faithwriters, but you have "jumped in" with both feet, writing for the challenge and commenting on others' writing. Thank you for blessing me with your comments on my writing. I look forward to getting acquainted with you through what you write. I enjoyed reading this story---we "go fishing" for more than fish, don't we!
I can sooo relate to this, Jacqueline. You had me "hooked" with the wormy-bait thing, the quiet beauty at the river's edge, and allowing your husband to do this yucky thing for you lovingly.

I also like your writing style. It flows and pops now and then. Easy to read. :)
03/10/07
This is some fine article. Brings back memories of days spent on the creek bank with my mother.