The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1229 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I liked your detailed descriptions. A few times I was confused whether her fight was really physical or spiritual. I'm assuming it was both. Nice job.
Captivating from first word to last. Keep writing.
02/03/07
This was a great example of showing and not telling. Strong writing here!
02/03/07
You painted the struggle vividly and I was glad that it ended happily. You are a very descriptive writer and I was definitely feeling her struggle. Keep writing!
02/03/07
Yikes, this was suspenseful and atmospheric. A few minor typos, easy to fix. I found myself letting out my breath when I got to the end.
Wow! This is crazy good! Her torment and sorrow were so clearly expressed, and while I wasn't sure if this were a literal fight or not, I honestly didn't care. It was mesmerizing. I also really like that the description of heaven was in the terms of a different culture, what a Hispanic might imagine. Loved the ending. Awesome job!
02/06/07
As others have said, I loved the double meaning of the fight. I saw this title early on and wanted to read it, but decided it had too many comments. ;) I'm glad I read it though. This was very good.
Wow. I don't think I breathed through the first 2/3 of the story. Great description. It kept me on the edge of my seat.
02/06/07
Wow. Great descriptions--I was counting the minutes, too.
Your story engaged my emotions throughout...I felt the "fight or flight" reaction emerge in my own heart as the monster brutalized the woman. I too enjoyed the cultural perspective...and was relieved and encouraged with the conclusion. Excellent writing!