The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1375 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautiful writing. This was chilling and suspenseful. Thanks for sharing.
01/22/07
Reads like one chapter of a futuristic novel. I'd definitely like to know more about this character, and the circumstances that are hinted at here. Good job!
01/22/07
This is absolutely amazingly engaging and tactile. I felt like I was in masters reading this, by the way - absolutely exceptional!
01/22/07
wow icant beilve ther only one article. very tense which is good. i love this sentance."he slithers back into the darkness". did you mean to make reference t othe snake
01/22/07
This is intriguing, engaging. The phone rang while I was in the middle of reading it and I almost jumped out of my chair. I couldn't wait to get back to it: the mark of a talented writer. One of your strengths is description. I could feel the being that had to hover just outside the light. I could sense his dipping in and out of the circle, his face, his hands, avoiding the light. Masterfully done, with great suspense and mystery which made me yearn for....the rest of the story.
Wow, great story! Loved the twist of how he got info from the prisoner. I am a little confused about the last part and who wrote the journal for whom, but otherwise great job.