The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1120 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/18/06
A very good testimony of faith. A reminder that we must not take our eyes off The Lord. A nice start which held my interest throughout.
11/18/06
Good details, made me nervous -but since I don't swim, that wouldn't take much. Nicely done :)
Awesome entry! Way to PLACE!
11/23/06
I tried to read all of the entries and comment for this week, but there were a couple I didn't manage to read. Yours was one. My loss! Wow! How neat it was for Kevin to be encouraged by remembering scripture. I sure hope that, in my time of trouble, I remember it, as well. I was worried because you'd built up the drama in the beginning. It read like slow motion and took on greater impact later, the way you look at common events after the tragedy. Will Kevin get to the roast chicken? I was afraid he wouldn't! Great job!
Nice job! Congratulations!
What great story, and a testament to the power of prayer and faith. Good job, and congratulations on 2nd place!
01/20/07
Congratulations on your placing! Very nicely done. Of course, knowing me, I would have mentioned the "slungs" his backpack over his shoulder as bad grammar or typo - but Judges aren't as picky as I am...Thank goodness. Right? (Smile). But really, a delightful story! And, Kudos on your win!