The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1190 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Catchy title! Interesting piece! Keep writing!
Yes, a creative approach to the topic for sure. You've put your reader right in this 'fire fighter's' shoes. I would change 'Watch the fire extinguished!' to present tense to avoid the tense shift in that section. Overall good job! Keep writing!
10/15/06
Very good. I loved the opening stanza. Really held my interest the whole way through. Also liked how the person's feeble attempts were used by God to extinguish the fire. Keep up the good work.
10/17/06
This is good because it is something that every believer can relate to. You have shown how we all can be used by Him. Well done!
Good. Glad to see someone's keeping things under control back home. If my campaign allows a safe return, I will be in need of a restful countryside to return to. (Tugs at his gauntlet.)
I liked this one Ben. You're probably used to hearing that from me by now. It's like that, man. God's will can be done through you requardless of your ability.
What I connected with was the conflict between Pride and Fear in the first stanza. For you, it seems like just a matter of confusion between two good feelings. Perhaps you are not one who is normally given to Pride. Therefore, Pride would only come across to you as a good thing.
But take it from somebody boastful like me: it only takes a couple solid rebukes from your peers to turn self-pride into a source of fear all its own!