The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1444 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/06
Really good title, and I like the metaphor throughout of the sea and of steady sailing. Lots of encouragement here. I wished you'd ended it in a fresher way, however. Your paragraph that begins with "But..." is just super.
Lovely idea and you follow the metaphore all the way. I especially like the descriptive phrase, "sunburned and salt-encrusted soul." Thoughtful, well-written. Lucile McKenzie
07/21/06
So true - God does want all of us. Nicely done and flows well. :)
07/22/06
Love the metaphor. I think all of us, whether we want to admit it or not, have some "rough sea" periods in our lives. One nit-picky citation thing - you paraphrase some Bible verses in the first few paragraphs, so I think it would be good if you included the references to them. This might be especially helpful in leading other people to God's Word, since they may not be as familiar with it. Also, I found one spelling error - "despair," instead of "dispair." Overall, this was a really enjoyable read. Thanks.
It is comforting to know that others experience and understand those fickle seas of emotion. They are a part of how God made us; althought I don't like the ups and downs at times, I am glad that I am , like David said, uniquely made.
I enjoyed your writing & came back to re-read it- thanks.
Do agree that scriptural references allow the reader a choice to read more in God's Word.
I'm glad you decided to hint, even so late in the week. This was a very thought provoking entry. I'm glad I read it tonight. :)
07/27/06
A great exposition on the soul - thanks for hinting - even if it was late!!