The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1574 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/14/06
I'm sure you have already spied your "Should" without an "h" - but aside from that little type, this is very well written, and interesting to boot. I liked the expression "exhaustion's tentacles wrapping around your eyelids". Nicely done.
07/17/06
Oh, how frustrating that must have been! You were given such grace to deal with all those setbacks. Well written.
07/18/06
Great conversational tone, like a friend talking to you over a cup of coffee. Good writing! P.S. Ditto on the comment about "exhaustion's tenacles" - "great" line!
07/18/06
Welcome home! Isn't it "nice" to know that no matter where you are in the world, "life" will happen. And, yes, we may as well sit back and enjoy the experience. Been there, done that! Good job.
Oh, yes, Donna, what a great 'slice of real life' you've woven for us here! I love your husband's response..I'll remember that one!!
07/18/06
I think I would have cried!(and THEN shrugged my shoulders)

And I was exhausted by the time you finally sat down on the final flight.

Welcome home Donna! Looking forward to more of your 'slices of life.'
07/18/06
Donna, good to have you back! Your wonderful style of telling a story is delightful!
07/18/06
Don't you just Love airlines... A "Great" piece, except for that "Sould" word. Kinda jumps oput ya.. Glad to see you back.. God bless.
07/19/06
Aaaaaaaaaaargh! I'm glad you were able to keep sweet, shrug those shoulders and agree with your husband that "It's all God!"

Great writing - something that many of us can identify with. Had I not known it was you (from the hints page) I might have got a little confused about going 'home' to Toronto instead of to Africa, but knowing the background makes it very much alive.