The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 682 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/05/13
Overall, I think you did a good job with this devotional, leading in with a story of rage that needed to be kept under wraps and ending with scriptural advice regarding anger management.

The only thing I personally would have liked to see is a more gracious resolution of the described conflict - an apology perhaps, or other ray of hope concerning the interaction between coworkers. Other than that, I think you make a great point. Thanks so much for sharing!
12/05/13
Wonderful job with the topic at hand, which you nailed. I thought you did a great job of telling a story that had a powerful message attached. Great choice of scriptures, and good close.

God Bless~
You did a nice job of being showing your emotions. I'm sure you wish the co-worker had apologized to you too. The world doesn't always work that way. It is important to recognize as Christians we can and do mess up and are not perfect, when we slip we need to apologize and repent. Keep writing.
I'll add that I know that part of your Author's note was chopped off. It should have said This is a fictional retelling of a true event.
12/09/13
Nice devotional. An issue all of us must deal with at some time or another. Anger is a power that can be used for good. It's just so difficult to channel it correctly at times. Praise God for teaching us how to deal with anger. Keep on writing, I enjoy your work.
12/09/13
Nice devotional and great topic. I like the way it uses dialogue and starts like a good story that immediately engages the reader. I also like the brevity - it's not too wordy. Great job!
12/12/13
Nicely written. Thanks for sharing.