The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 799 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Yummy descriptions! I felt I was there with you.

A wee bit of red ink - proofread carefully as there are those watching . . .

Thank you for billowing my imagination.
07/27/13
Very interesting entry. I like the quote at the end. My maiden name is Gillespie.
I liked the title and the story did not disappoint. Thanks for sharing such an interesting memory.
This is a great story. You really made me feel like I was floating up there with you. My only suggestion would be to start out with the ending. A man waving a shotgun at a hot air balloon would be a real grabber! Then you could go back and reminisce about starting the day and the ride. You have a knack for creating suspense. I found my jaw dropping at the thought that someone would be so mean. Thankfully, there are wonderful people who help us through those bumpy rides. Though many have used the expand my horizon phrase this week, you took it literally and it made me chuckle. I think it was a clever take on the topic. Well done.
07/31/13
Loved the title, loved the story. What an exciting ride!
08/01/13
Congratulations on your 3rd place win! You are on your way!

Blessings, Lynn
08/01/13
God Bless~
08/01/13
Congratulations and God Bless
Congratulations for ranking 3 in your level and 17 overall!! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)