The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2400 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/01/13
I loved your description of the MCs inner conflict and his resolve with the truth. This had me in suspense the whole time. Great Job! Keep up the excellent work.
Francie
This literally leaves me breathless. The suspense, the passion, the growth and the unexpected but fantastic ending is so worth the reading!

Loving you in through and because of Jesus, the Christ . . .
The title captured my attention and your story did not disappoint. You did a fine job of building suspense and conveying spiritual truth. The ending was handled well. Good writing, here.
This was a very powerful article. It held great truth and was very well written. I thoroughtly enjoyed this from beginning to end.
03/07/13
Congratulations!

Wing His Words
Your MC and his childhood friend became so real to me. Somehow though in your fantastic story telling and the MC wondering which was God's accent, I forgot that he had explosives strapped to his body and I was thinking if he had come up with the right answer all would be well. But he did give his live to the One true God so all did end well. Too bad his mother couldn't know, but maybe she will find Isa too. However, did you come up with this story? It was exciting and gripping from beginning to end. But more important it held biblical truth. Thanks you for this wonderful piece. I am so glad this one first place in your level. Congratulations!
I was pretty sure you had a second place over all win too, but I wanted to double check... Fabulous, I am happy for you. This really was an extraordinary piece!
03/07/13
Congratulations Dave I really enjoyed reading your story.
Thank you for glorifying God with your true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good, virtuous and praiseworthy winning entry! God bless you.

KJV Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
03/08/13
Congratulations on your win. This is a wonderful story. I was sad that the man had to die, but how he did it was beautiful and Jesus will be waiting for him. Great job.
03/08/13
Your title drew me in to this read but your development of your characters and the truth of the message kept me involved.

Congratulations on your win.
03/08/13
I am stunned at the amount of emotion your story stirred. I have goose bumps, crocodile tears and my chest is all tight.
WOW your piece is stupendous in its powerful message of how Truth will set a person free.
Thank you doesn't describe my gratitude for your piece!
03/08/13
Congratulations! Blessings~
03/08/13
Congratulations. you capture the inner jihad of those who live in the lands where Isa and Allah engage in spiritual conflict. Knowing friends from this area made this come alive.
This fast-paced story took me deep into the workings of minds I don't begin to understand. Thankfully, God reaches out to them, as in your story. What a gripping piece.
Congratulations on your EC.
I love the comparison. This is a well deserved second place EC. Congratulations!
04/01/13
Congratulations on a brilliantly descriptive and incisive entry. You have packed so much within the word limit, without making it look like you were trying too hard. Great work.
Hi there,
Congratulations on a well deserved win!
What a powerful story.
Very well done.
Norms
04/02/13
The questions in the MC's mind made this a gripping story which moved this reader along at a pace equal to the quickened beats of my heart. Excellent.
Congratulations on winning with this deserving entry.
wow that is amazing!!! it appears of course that you are well versed in muslem cultures. i love it