The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1521 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/02/13
Wow - very powerful. Some fabulous imagery. Thanks for sharing!
02/03/13
Gripping! Powerful writing.
God bless~
02/03/13
Wow. This is great. And so creative too! Nice job.
02/03/13
Powerful indeed. And creative. Fitting title too.
I had all kinds of emotions that boiled to the surface as I read this poem. I think you did a splendid job of showing the MC's emotion. This piece speaks volumes. Well done.
02/04/13
Very powerful and thought provoking. Your imagery was well written.

Very well done.

tHANKS FOR SHARING THIS MOVING PIECE.

SORRY, CAP BUTTON STICKS SOMETIMES.I AM NOT SHOUTING!

GOD BLESS
02/04/13
Very heart felt piece. I like the way you show the self deception and then the heart still loving sin and the consequences. A horrendous affliction wrought through turning a deaf ear to the Spirit of God, resisting. Also liked the reference to the tinkling bells the holy "appearing" religious leaders of Jesus' day wore. "Holy Man coming!"
Very thought provoking. Oh the self seeking crimes our own psyche perpetrates against us.
02/05/13
Wow! The title is perfect for this thought-provoking and spiritually challenging piece! What an incisive expose' of our fatally-flawed human hearts! That's why the psalmist pleaded with God to "create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me"! I fear I saw glimpses of my own deceitful core in this sobering poem, and I didn't like the picture! I must cry, "Father, give me a new heart, free from "holy hypocrisy"!
02/06/13
Incredibly original and fine piece of poetry. Your transparency aided to the impact of your well crafted stanzas.
02/06/13
Incredibly original and fine piece of poetry. Your first line 'flesh eating bacteria' was a terrific intro.Your transparency aided to the impact of your well crafted stanzas.
02/06/13
oops flesh eating disease I meant...sorry.