The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 785 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your title hooked me and your well paced story kept my attention. The wrap up made a fitting point but I thought needed a little work to make it flow smoother. An enjoyable read.
This is an interesting story. You did a nice job of showing your MC's conflict. The beginning drew me in as I sensed things would come crashing down.

I noticed you used words or phrases to make your point. Like this: greatly increased intensity
Another way to avoid those adverbs is to use a descriptive verb. An example would be the pain ravaged his body. The reader knows from that word, ravaged, that the pain was intense.

Though I don't think you needed the last line in the story, since you did a great job of showing your message, I enjoyed the ending. It left me feeling satisfied that the conflicts were resolved. It brought the story full-circle. You covered the topic and overall did a good job. :)
WOW! A very enjoyable read. So very true to life. Alwasys rushing to and fro and never getting there. I loved the ending. Thanks for sharing.
01/26/13
This is truly a story that many will relate to. Wonderful job with weaving this story filled with authenticity from start to the very end. Nicely done.

God bless~
01/28/13
I can relate well to your story and feel many others will too. I like subject matter like this, which though well known, your point is often disregarded until something happens like a health issue. How refreshing it is to rest in the knowledge of salvation and enjoy God's Creations. Keep being a blessing. I think Shann's tips were right on point.