The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 614 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wonderful story. You made your characters feel very real.
I have tears in my eyes. What a beautiful tribute to Sam.
12/02/12
This really is a beautiful and tender story. If there's one constructive suggestion I would make it's to try to "show" more instead of "tell" the story, with sensory details. I felt like an outsider, looking in, when I wanted to really know and feel what Sam was feeling.

Overall, good job!
This is such a bittersweet story. I liked how you set the scene and created an air of mystery. Lots of things went through my head--perhaps his wife had already died and he was buying them for her grave, or maybe he was having an affair. However your idea was far better than mine and it really tugged at my heart. Now this may seem like a little thing, but it's a mistake even talented writers make but you got it right which really impressed me. When you mentioned the younger son I smiled because when comparing between two things you use younger not youngest. It's a silly thing of mine but for me it spoke volumes that you used it properly. They way you showed this couple's love for each other was even more powerful than selecting the right adj. :) This was a delight to read.
12/04/12
This was so sweet, tender and touching. What love. It brought tears to my eyes.
12/05/12
Awww...This touched my heart deeply. Beautiful job.
Thank you. God bless~