The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 569 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/13/11
WOW! I feel her pain. Only 40-minutes to write an entire paper and turn it in for 40% of her grade? That's a LOT of pressure. Poor girl. I kinda feel like her right now; except, I have 24-hours to complete my paper. :)
03/13/11
I really enjoyed this piece. I really felt the intensity and the questioning of God's will and purpose. I only wish that it could have been longer, to develop the story more and give it a more solid ending: did she make her deadline? Did she stay on at college? What happened next?! (I'll just have to improvise in my mind!).
03/13/11
Great writing about God's will and obstacles that block the pathway.
03/14/11
How well you captured how we have all felt at times....Am I really in God's will? Your MC's big question was not whether she could write her paper, but how could this be God's will when everything seemed so difficult and contrary to it being God's will. Great writing technique. But she didn't give up, but continued forward! God bless!
03/15/11
great writing and some great phrases.i loved the adult/child touches and the tension there as time ticks past....... almost like trying to write for the weekly challenge but of course we dont get marked in the same way.
having recently written a dissertation and obtained a Masters at the ripe old age of 50 plus :-) i can relate to much of this ....
my personal though would be the use of the present tense distracts not adds to the fist and last sections..... but i cant say why exactly