The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1439 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/21/10
I enjoyed reading your story. I was pulled into the character's internal conflict and did not see the mirror coming. Very clever.
10/21/10
Your story is very creative and so intersting. You counseled yourself very well.
I enjoyed this very much and didn't see the mirror. This drew me in like a moth to the flame. Thank you for a very good story.
10/23/10
Very, very good.
This was a touching talk with a nice surprise ending.
10/23/10
Yea--jolly good surprise!
Great writing.
10/24/10
Clever twist, and very good writing skills.

The nitpicker in me wants to say that even though this was definitely face-to-face (well done), is it a conversation, if a person is talking to herself?

At any rate, I definitely enjoyed this entry. Well done!
This is a wonderful article. Thanks for writing it. Excellent writing!
I had a simliar idea with a mirror but didn't know how to pull it off. you did a great job. Enjoyed it much, very much.
10/25/10
Very very good. I got sucked in at the end. For a minute I thought the person doing the counselling was a man and there were issues there, which I suspect is what you wanted your readers to think.
10/25/10
I like your writing a lot. I especially like the 'banter' of the body language. I read through it a second time paying just as much attention to that as the dialogue. Her personal struggle was even more clear in the body language. I like the concept that she's giving herself more than a pep talk...discovering her convictions, if you will, through herself by way of the mirror. Very cool! Didn't see the mirror coming, it was a great little twist.
10/25/10
An ending that surprises the reader always takes the cake. This one did that for me. Fresh and creative.

Mona
10/26/10
Nice take on the topic - loved your title. You definitely "got me" at the end. Good job.
10/28/10
Great job, Cheryl. That could have been me looking back from the mirror. Honored to be sharing the HC spot with you.
Congratulations on a great placing!!!
10/28/10
What a powerful message that we all need affirmation, even from ourselves, that we are usable and valuable to Him. I especialy loved how you twisted the ending into revealing that she was talking to herself. I wondered why she was untouchable but never thought of the mirror. Very well done.