The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2077 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/16/10
The message is so true, thanks for the reminder.
01/16/10
I really liked this story. I felt it might have been stronger without the final sentence because it can register as a cliche and the point of the story had already been firmly established. Trust the rest of the story to carry the message and don't rely on a "message-maker" sentence on the end. You brought in the topic well and created a sweet story.
01/16/10
Imaginative, on topic and lots of fun with a great message.
I enjoyed this entry. Fresh and creative.
Very well written.

Mona
I loved this entry. It was a very enjoyable read. Keep writing and thank you very much.
01/17/10
A charming fairytale-like story reminiscent of "Pinnochio" with a strong spiritual message...just great!
01/18/10
Creative and well done.

It'll look neater and be easier to read if you put a white space between all paragraphs, even those that consist solely of a few words of dialog.

I've started a class in the FaithWriters forums for Beginner and Intermediate writers. I'd love to see you there--look for "Jan's Writing Basics".

This is an appealing little fable!
01/18/10
Very sweet. I didn't get the "message" until I read the comments, but now it seems pretty obvious. Nicely done. Be careful of punctuation-missing some commas.
A fun read with a good message. Like the teapot, we are uniquely created to serve. Thanks for the reminder.
01/21/10
You did a very good job on this story! The object lesson was awesome! Congratulations for your win on your level, and your placement in the Editor's Choice!!!
01/22/10
This was very cute. I got a nice smile out of it. Very well written and nicely pulled together. Congratulations on your award.
01/23/10
Very creative fable! You write very well. I'd suggest narrowing in on Pete's point of view; the narrative makes it a little distant.

Congrats on your EC! I'm glad I liked the piece that beat me out by one spot. ;)
01/23/10
I love this story which so excellently portrays a valuable truth all Christians need to learn. Congratulations on your EC!
01/25/10

I like this story so much! I think it showed a creative side that has been explored through using the idea of the teapot coming to life.

I think the last sentence would have been better if it just ended with the first part and eliminate the Potter/clay reference since it is obvious from the body of the story.