The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 933 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a tender story and love the way you told it.
04/10/09
Definitely my favorite so far--wonderful sense of setting, and outstanding characterization. Beautiful writing, beyond its level.
Thank you for this moving story. Well told. :)
I love this. 'Nuff said.
What a beautiful story and so well written too. I will enjoy finding out who you are.
04/13/09
Superb. From the title to the last line, this was outstanding. Absolutely loved it.
04/13/09
What a description, "past the little mounds of sorrow". You have so many good things in this. The metaphor of the little girls innocent words, "sting, striking, and piercing" like the snake that killed the little girl is excellent. Your story is heart-breaking yet there is hope (your ending verse). Excellent!
04/13/09
Very nice writing. I LOVED your mini poem in the middle of the piece:
Little daisy, bright and blue
Grew up my garden path and through
The village, and then down the dale
Reminder sweet, along life’s trail.

You have an exceptional way of drawng your reader in. This is a great story.
04/15/09
Compelling writing, very interesting. You are a wonderful story-teller.
Mona
Beautifully written; reminiscent of Henry Lawson. In fact, it reminded me of Henry Lawson's The Drover's Wife. Well done.
This was a precious story with its awesome characterization and rich atmosphere.