The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1224 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/10/08
This is a beautiful and sad story. I think it captures the heart of the issue that a lot of grandchildren are experiencing as they watch their grandparents age and slip away.
04/10/08
A nice story of rememberance. It made me think back to my gandmother and how much I miss her.
I too enjoyed this read, thanks.
04/12/08
What a sad story. Sadder still that the MC did not display any knowledge of hope.
04/12/08
"What a beautiful and touching story", my fingers type automatically as I cannot see because my eyes are brimming with tears. This is the sign of a good writer...to bring your reader to an emotion that evokes either laughter or tears. Great job - and told so beautifully! Kudos, with a standing ovation!
Wow. So filled with sad emotion. Even though I typically like a happy ending, the sad truth is that things often end this way in real life. I know it did for me when my grandfather died. I still drive by his old house on the golf course and long to go in one more time and see him and my grandmother sitting there at the kitchen table.

You said so much in so few words. Masterful writing. I hope to see you moving up to advanced real soon.
04/16/08
What a passage for Christine. I think it's good that she sees what's going on around her, longs for the past, yet grows up enough to accept that it's past. Something everyone must do at some point. Well done.
04/18/08
Congratulations, Paula, on placing sixth in your level with this piece. Great work!