The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1757 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/25/07
Love the characterization - especially of Peyton. He was so real (and SUCH a second grader!). Delightful story.
10/25/07
Love this. Not only is your characterization perfectly frank and impatient, but your subtle way of weaving in theology just right.
10/26/07
Absolutely precious.
What a pair, what memories. thanks for the fine story.
10/27/07
Wonderful story!
What a sweet, lovely story! Watch for POV problems, but otherwise well-written.
10/27/07
Great story. When the Bible says that a little child will take the lead, it wasn't kidding. Well done.
10/28/07
Good story, good job!
10/30/07
Oh the goose pimples! I just read this and then RE-read it to my children. We all loved it. WONderful story.
I loved this wonderfully tender story.
10/31/07
I enjoyed this story. You changed POV from Ruth to Ralph during the story. The characters were very real. Good job.
Very delightful and easy read.
I can't help saying that this is a cute story! It flowed just so right, and could even be a children's story! I liked Peyton and especially his dialouge. It's so good. Great writing! ^_^
Good characterization, and a delightful read. I love the idea of two generations coming together in a life changing event. Nicely done.
Despite that POV thing, this is a delightful read. Love the tone, and love your little boy. Well done.
Can I just say you touched my heart with this one? Great writing a good feel to the story.
11/01/07
Congratulations on your placing. Well deserved.
11/06/07
Very well done. It has all the elements a good story should have. I could smell breakfast, hear the water, see the emotions, and identified with your characters and their faith.