The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2704 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/10/06
A very interesting perspective. It's funny how God can enlarge our vision by taking it. We never appreciate something until its gone, but " man's reach should exceed his grasp, else what's a heaven for?" As we lose the abilities we once had, as they fade away, we yearn for that day when they will be returned to us, permanently. Thanks for the lovely reminder.
08/11/06
Very effective--your last several paragraphs putting the first half of your essay into eternal perspective.
08/12/06
I really liked this. Perhaps many more people will learn from this wonam's example. I liked your style of writing. The end really pulled it all together.
08/13/06
BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN! WHEN THE LORD TAKES AWAY SOMETHING PRECIOUS TO US, HE ALWAYS GIVES US SOMETHING EQUALLY PRECIOUS IN RETURN.
08/14/06
This was wonderful!! Beautifully laid out and a terrific ending. Great start too!
08/15/06
Very effective parallels from the beginning activities to the end realities/scripture and eternal perspective. I thoroughly enjoyed this entry. Well done!
08/16/06
Well it's chrystal clear this writer is very, very talented. A very nice story told extremely well. No bells, whistles, or explosions, just an honest story written from a heart who really loves Jesus. I enjoyed this. God Bless.
08/16/06
I was drawn from the beginning with the beautiful pictures you painted with you words and enjoyed how you brought it all together at the end. I hope that you will find a way to share this with others who have lost their vision.
Beautiful piece! Congrats on your win!
This is simply written beautifully. Great job with description, but your voice was even better.

Outstanding!

Congrats on your well deserved win.
08/17/06
COngratulations, Joanne. A very well-deserved win. Meteoric!
You did a wonderful job with the imagry. I liked the way that you tied our earthly vision with our heavenly one. You really deserve the win on this one. Moving right up. Congrats
Wow! What a wonderful piece!! Joanne, I'm very late reading this and congratulating you on this win, but in a way I'm glad I found it today. What a blessing it has been to read this inspiring work of faith! Thank you for creating it.
09/09/06
Congratulations Joanne! This piece was wonderful. I am not sure if you were writing this well before you lost your ability to see physically, but I do believe, also that God's strength is made perfect in our weakness. You have an anointing to write. Be encouraged! God Bless
10/04/06
Wow Joanne! This is awesome! Your insights are 'right on' and your 'voice' is perfect. Great writing girl! ; )
03/29/07
This does give some different perspective. Love it.
03/30/07
It's crystal clear why you won on this one, it is just out and out precious.
This is a treasure! I loved the spiritual applications and the wonderful optimism expressed. I could only hope that my attitude would be that Spirit-controlled if I found myself in such a circumstance.
Joanne, This was just wonderfully done! The imagery and plotting are perfect. I'm so glad I got to read it. Verna
What a wonderful story. It makes me ashamed that my spiritual vision is not what it ought to be. Very good pov here. Thanks for sharing.