The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2098 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really enjoyed the story. It makes me realize the power of the gospel. So many times we don't take the opportunity to tell those we love about eternity. This really wakes me up to the shortness of the hour. Wonderfully written.
07/21/06
You painted a great picture. Let God use your works to inspire others to know him.
Well done!!
07/25/06
This is so sad and needn't be if we would all heed God's Word. Excellent writing, however. I'd give you an "A."
07/25/06
Powerful, makes me want to go find someone to tell about Jesus!
07/25/06
A powerful lesson! Edit a bit for tense consistency, perhaps. I hope to read more of your writings.
07/25/06
After a sermon Sunday on this very matter your intense story hits the point home for me. Wonderful job.
07/25/06
I love what you have to say here. Sad, but a much needed message, There is no watering down your ministering point. Excellent job of communicating. God Bless!!!!
Another reason why I liked this is, you didn't tell me what a soul was, you defined the Why! Why the condition of our soul and those of others is important. I'm encouraged, Thank You!
Your message was strong and much-needed. The 'main thing' remained the 'main thing'; the message to all who think they are going to Heaven because of anything but Jesus is "It's all about your relationship with Him!"

The words that tell it all: "'I was never your friend, you never talked to Me and you never put your faith and trust in Me.'”

Yes, there are a few places where the writing could be tighter, maybe even more descriptive. But the message is spot on! Keep writing with this passion, and you'll reach many with the Gospel!
07/25/06
Perfect Title for your piece! I liked it because it wasn't preachy - you just told it like IT IS; no big words, no beating around the bush...just straight shooter. "You didn't trust in me, talk to me, come to me...I don't know you". Very well done! AND, made an impact on This Reader! Thanks.
Great writing job & sober reminder that we're saved totally by grace & not our works.
You told it like it is. Someone else said your work needs to be a little tighter, I'm a beginner like you so I'm unable to agree or disagree but I can help.

'that' and 'had' most times can removed from the sentence and it will still work. Here's a site which may help you....autocritic.com, it sure has helped me to write tighter.

May the Lord continue to guide your quill as you write for the glory of HIM!
07/26/06
Very powerful writing! This is definitely a story with a lesson! My favorite line: My life was going great before all this happened.
I can tell you really put your heart into this. :)
07/26/06
Whoa...I'm pretty much speechless. It's great! Very convicting. Makes you think.

Personally, I think this will place. And if it doesn't, maybe you could polish it up and make a tract out of it.
07/27/06
This is a powerfully truthful piece of work. Keep working on your writing skills and you will suceed in climbing the ladder here and getting people saved.

Brilliant job. It really makes one think.
09/01/06
I LOVE IT! SO true for alot of us..