The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1292 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This story broke my heart. Society so often looks down upon these type of people. It's a shame. You did a wonderful job writing it. You have so much talent...just keep on writing. Your piece was sooo good!
05/19/06
Very good entry! You have a wonderful imagination. Your story held my attention and also brought emotion through your words. It was sad, but you worked it well, tugging at my heart strings. Good job!
05/20/06
Good title...great voice throughout. You write well and pull the reader in.:) Very good!
This story fills me with sadness and joy at the same time. I wonder to myself, am I like the people who stand to one side and ignor or throw change at the seemingly less fortunate in life. Beauty and riches aren't to be found on the outside, but rather on the inside.
God bless you for writing such a beautiful story.
05/21/06
This was really very good. I love the tender way you described her appearance, her idiosynchrosies, her habits. You have either got a very vivid, sensitive imagination, or you have based it on a real person that you have bothered to get to know. You drew me in, and made the point very well. GOod job all round.
05/22/06
VERY GOOD. ALL TOO TRUE. LAST SUMMER I RAN INTO SUCH AN INDIVIDUAL AT A WAL-MART PARKING LOT WTIH HIS LITTLE DOG. YES, I GAVE ALL I COULD, BUT THAT'S BEEN MORE THAN A YEAR AGO AND I FIND HE STILL COMES UP IN MY PRAYER TIME OFTEN. GOD BLESS YOU.
05/23/06
You have created a literary character worthy of Charles Dickens. God bless your writing! I expect to see you at higher levels before too long!
Powerful writing. You made everything so real. I loved it.
05/24/06
Get someone to do some grammar revisions, correct the run-ons and punctuation, and you have a "Jim Dandy" story here.
05/24/06
This is a truly marvelous character study. I'd suggest that you break down the longer paragraphs into shorter ones, and as others have said, clean up the punctuation a bit. But honestly--one of my favorites this week, and I can't believe it took me so long to find it!