The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1508 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very nicely done. Being a parent and a teacher this hit me between the eyes. That fear of losing a child or a student is always there.

You did a nice job of showing the mother's strength during the worst time.

Is this fiction or real?
04/27/06
This is a very true story. Thanks. In Christ's Love, Julia
04/28/06
This story touched my heart, as I read it and realized this really happened. As the lump in my throat formed, I could see the love of God and compassion he had for this child's family. It is amazing experiencing first hand the fragrance of Christ.

Thank you for sharing this touching story, it was beautifully written.
04/29/06
This was beautiful. You touched on all the emotions! Just a suggestion to maybe break up the next to last paragraph when the two different people are speaking.
I have to wipe the tears from my eyes so I can write this comment. What a beautiful and heart rending testimony. Thank you for sharing it. As a Sunday school teacher myself, I can only imagine your sense of loss but you've done wonderful job of inspiring others through it. Brandon lives in your testimony, give it often.
05/02/06
A truly touching story. I was deeply moved by it. You conveyed the mother's 'inner strength' convincingly, as it showed how God helps us to handle our grief.
05/03/06
What a touching story!

I wonder if it would be best ended with "...she is His child." That statement is where the impact is, and there's a bit of a fizzle in the final sentences.

Brandon's parents sound like wonderful people, and are true examples of God's grace.
Moving writing. Such a testimony to a dear friend. I understand her pain. My son died on Mother's day when a four-wheeler flipped over and he too died of massive hear injuries. God bless you all. Hariette Petersen