The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 470 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/17
Loved this!
Blessings~
07/20/17
Wow! Great story, and very well-written.
I enjoyed this modern rendition of the fish and bread parable. You made me smile. I've no doubt that God performs such miracles still today. We only need to open our eyes to see them.

One thing I might encourage you to do is use dialog, body language, and thoughts to paint more of a picture for your reader. For example, I might edit it like this:
After spending the weekend at my mother's home, Mom snagged my elbow and pulled me into a quiet corner. "How are you making out since you lost your job? I've been really worried about you."
Dipping my head, I shrugged my shoulders. "Not good, Mom. Not good at all. It's been really hard. I've looked everywhere for a job. I just don't know what to do."
Mom wrapped her arms around me and held me. It felt so safe to be in her arms again. Slowly, I felt my fears and frustration ebbing away.

I know I took some liberties that might not be accurate, but I wanted to show you what I meant by using dialog and body language.

I truly enjoyed your story. I think it was a great take on the topic. Even better is the clear messages. As much as our earthly parents love and care for us, it is just a fraction of how great God's love and mercy is. Your words will encourage many people. Keep writing.
07/21/17
We just need to open the eyes of our heart to see miracles every day. Your story was wonderful.

It was easy to read.

I wanted to see how the MC felt when the tree kept supplying her need. Describe her emotion, don't just tell us that she had one.

Shann gave a great example of this.

Read all you can on how to show not tell.

I think the topic got a lot of writers. Make sure you totally understand it before sitting down to write.

This was a blessing to read. thank you. God bless.
A very nice story. God blessed the effort.

Keep up the good work. Remember: God blesses effort.