The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 329 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed this. I can't imagine marrying someone I've never really met. It would take a lot of trust to do that, not just in God, but in your parents as well. One thing I'd encourage you to do is read the story aloud. Some of the sentences felt a bit choppy and you might catch that if you heard it. You could fix it by varying the sentence structures some. I think you did a great job of writing on topic. Your message is a great one too. You pulled me into another world and opened my eyes to what other cultures are like. Good job.
08/02/16
Your story is such a good one! I think it would be helpful for you to read some of the Master category submissions to gain a better understanding of sentence and paragraph structure. For example: I think the sentence that begins -In India... should start a new paragraph. Also, I suggest changing that sentence to: -- Traditional Indian families, like mine, select a fiance by photograph.-- or something similar- it conveys the same information but with fewer words. Take advantage of the free writing & punctuation lessons on the site too. I found them very helpful in the beginning. Keep writing- I bet you have some wonderful stories to share.